This solution is ranked
in What are the best resources for learning FrenchRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning ItalianRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning RussianRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning HungarianRead user opinions
in What are the best resources to learn foreign languagesRead user opinions
in What are the best ways to learn a new languageRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning PortugueseRead user opinions
in What are the best resources to start learning HebrewRead user opinions
in What are the best resources to learn GermanRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning SpanishRead user opinions
What the community says about italki
- "italki is a website that has teachers for many different subjects, with French being one of them. It is overall a great website and a good resource for learning the language.""What an awesome resource!! Taking the on demand economy style to the tutoring of a different language. Great idea and if I was looking to learn French this would be so easy!""Italki is a great service for finding teachers in learning different languages. It helped me find an affordable and FUN way to learn French!""I can't recommend this site for learning French. Unfortunately, the program wouldn't load on my laptop."
- "There's really no substitute to face to face interaction with a native speaker if you want to learn a foreign language. So what do you do if you can't get to Italy? Sign up for italki and get lessons through video chat. It's not that expensive.""I needed to learn Italian and a friend told me about italki. I thought it had a weird name but what's the harm in taking a look? I'm so glad I did as because now I am on my way to becoming fluent in Italian."
- "This language learning website is so innovative! I like the idea of choosing your own personal teacher and scheduling your time to learn. It's going to be really helpful to hear some speak fluently and help with casual phrases. The whole process seems very customizable."
- "I signed up for Italki not knowing what to expect, was blown away to be honest. Mona, that's the french teacher I signed up with via Italki, is a professional and skilled teacher. I've had several one-on-ones with her already and I can see my french improving by leaps and bounds everyday. Seriously if you wanna improve your skills in french or any other language, you need italki!""I prefer to use this service if I have a basic handle on the language, but want to expand. The one-on-one time via Skype really helps me gauge if I'm on track with where I need to be in my fluency. The free option has helped me practice the language with others that are learning as well."
- "italki has helped me get conversational very quickly. It's a great use of time for learning languages. Once you find a good teacher and set up a learning plan it really pays off. I probably learn more than twice as fast than I do in my Spanish class at school. It's also very affordable."
- "It's a fairly basic concept similar to RosettaStone talk or whatever it's called, but it's definitely a perfectly valid option for learning a language. You may want to try this out after you've done some basic learning (perhaps through Duolingo), but if you want to improve your fluency speaking with someone live is the best option.""italki is a really innovative program. You can connect with other users and practice speaking a language you are trying to learn with a native speaker. I feel that hearing someone talk and doing so in a conversation is the best way to learn. You don't have to leave your house to do it anymore."
- "I have found that you can actually learn to speak a language very well by doing it entirely via Skype. Once you find those people to practice with and learn from via Skype, then you have no excuse to not make progress as quickly as possible, which your speed depending on how many spoken sessions you get and how intensively you are learning. I love the convenience of doing this from home."
- "I good resource for finding both professional foreign language teachers who are certified professionals and Community Tutors which are native speakers who can help you learn a language through informal tutoring or speaking practice.""Italki leaves Rosetta in the dirt. It's very modern, easy to use, and functional as hell. It makes you WANT to learn to speak a new language."
- "I am learning Spanish now and wanted a great resource for learning it. I found italki, which is something used on Skype to connect you to native speakers. I did not like it at all. I found the tutors weren't that friendly. I feel like I've learned way more on YouTube and from my college class. The free language exchange partners aren't much better. I just felt they weren't very helpful. The Skype connections are sketchy, too, and drop a lot. I don't advise using this at all.""What an exciting concept, and you get to reach out and "go global" as you have a tutor that is from or fluent in the country you want to learn about. There are so many languages to choose from, you get to pick your tutor, and they charge different hourly rates. ""I had a problem trying to learn French for my class. I heard about italk and I am happy to announce the teachers at italk helped me immensely solving my problem learning French."