This solution is ranked
in What are the best resources for translating English to JapaneseRead user opinions
in What are the best English-to-Spanish translation resourcesRead user opinions
in What are the best apps for spending a summer working abroadRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning ItalianRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning PortugueseRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning FrenchRead user opinions
in What are the best resources for learning SpanishRead user opinions
What the community says about WordReference
- "I took Japanese for 1 1/2 years while I was at work and I was looking forward to this site as it's something that would've been helpful while I was studying Japanese. I didn't find the site very helpful, when I would put in a word, it would bring up a lot of Japanese characters but no English translations below them so I would know what it was saying. I had no idea where the words I searched for were or what anything else on the site said. It needs English translations by the Japanese text.""This translator was really not that good. It could not translate phrases, only single words. All in all i think google translate is much better if your looking just for a translation, however this site is good for looking at the synonyms, antonyms and conjugations."
- "Wordreference is a great translation resource that I have come to rely on because of this solution. I guess I would like to see it compared to other translation sites or have it's features pointed out. As it stands, it is a great tool, but I really don't have any idea why it is better than other translation resources, so I had to rate this solution in the middle of the scale.""This is a useful tool to translate English to Spanish. The interface is simple but intuitive. It is very easy to use. The graphics and overall appearance are a bit dull, but it does what it is supposed to. It shows translations along with definitions for reference."
- "Word Reference is an excellent site for all your word finding needs when you don't particularly want to use Google. Just plug the word in and choose the appropriate thing you need to search for. Simple as that. Not flashy but definitely worthwhile.""WordReference is a good tool to add to your collection if you're trying to learn Italian. However, this is not the "be all, end all" for learning Italian."
- "I find that I learn language better from hearing and speaking it, so this on it's own is not ideal for me to learn from. This is, however, a great reference tool for when I just can't seem to remember the one word I'm looking for. A quick and easy lookup through WordReference and I'm done! "
- "I have thought French was a beautiful language, but have never had the time to learn it, but now that my career has taken off I wanted to dedicate some time to learn it. As we live in the age of information I was sure I would be able to find an online resource to help me get started. I was stumbled upon a site called WordReference, however, I was quickly disappointed as this site is more of a translation site or a language dictionary. ""This website looks like it hasn't been updated since 2009 and did not offer accurate translations much of the time. It's really too simplistic to learn the subtle nuances of such a beautiful language (French). Also, I really think a more responsive approach is needed. I wound up working with an online tutor and gained massive benefit by doing so. ""This is an excellent website for beginners. I used this constantly when ever I want to find the French word for the English word I was thinking of. However, I obviously needed more resources than just this website if I want to learn French properly."
- "I really don't think this is the best solution for learning Spanish. I tried the site and it is geared towards translating single words from English to Spanish, but it doesn't teach you how to form sentences and actually communicate in Spanish. It is a good solution for learning words in Spanish, but not for learning how to properly speak the language. I recommend looking for another solution.""This is a simple and easy way to look up words and see their definition and equivalent in Spanish. I like to be able to just quickly type in the word I want to see and it displays the translation in Spanish as well as the definition in English, just in case I forgot what this word really meant."