What are the best keyboards for left-handed people?

90% of the world's population is right-handed and most keyboards are made for them as such. For the remaining 10% of left-handed people, there are still good choices. Here are some great ones as asked by Riva Agustin.

asked by Riva Agustin
16 contributors
3 solutions
  1. 7

    #1A4tech Ergonomic KBS-29 Left Handed Keyboard Black

    A4tech Ergonomic KBS-29 Left Handed Keyboard Black

    The A4tech KBS-29 a left-handed numeric keypad, patented natural_A shape key structure, laser inscribed keys to prevent injuries, and it's compatible with Windows devices. This keyboard is great for people looking for a simple and affordable left-handed keyboard.

    Electronics

    Check price

    Jeffrey Hamilton
    Written on June 19, 2019
    "This is simply a great left-handed keyboard for the price. There are no fancy extra features like RGB light or macros keys but what it does do, it does well."
  2. 4

    #2Bloody B845R Light Strike Left-Num RGB Gaming Keyboard

    Bloody B845R Light Strike Left-Num RGB Gaming Keyboard

    The Bloody B845R Light Strike Left Handed features mechanical keyboard switches that will be a suitable left-handed keyboard for typists and casual users alike. It features customizable RGB LED backlighting and 100% Anti-ghosting which will appeal to gamers.

    Electronics

    Check price

    Wang Sun
    Written on June 19, 2019
    "I'm glad that as a gamer, I still have choices for some good left-handed keyboards for gaming and this happens to be one of them. It has blue mechanical switches, RGB lighting, and even are writs rest, all for under $100. Recommended."
  3. 2

    #3DSI Left-Handed Keyboard

    DSI Left-Handed Keyboard

    The DSI Left-Handed Keyboard use high-quality cherry mechanical red key switches. This Keyboard has an integrated standard numeric pad on the left side for left-handed typists and sports a simple design and layout that will fit with office spaces. 

    Electronics

    Check price

    Katherine Ruiz
    Written on June 19, 2019
    "Ever since I tried mechanical keyboards, I don't want to return to those rubber dome-style keyboards anymore. Thankfully, I found this one that features red mechanical switches. The design is a real bonus for as it is simple and can fit in my office space."

DID YOU KNOW?

Christopher Latham Sholes patented the first practical modern typewriter in 1868? The Remington Company then began mass marketing the first typewriters starting in 1877. With the help of technology, the modern computer keyboard came to be along. This also came with the now standard QWERTY keyboard layout.

Today, computer keyboards come in all sorts of shape, size, and even with the number of keys it has. The market is so saturated with so many types of keyboards. It used to be that keyboards had very specific uses. One for gaming. One for typing or writing. These days though, keyboards serve a multi-purpose role. This is due in large part to the popularity of mechanical keyboards. These keyboards offer a much-improved experience over the common rubber dome keyboards. These types of devices even extend to a niche market. One such market is for left-handed users and typists. It used to be that these people had to deal with using keyboards for right-handed people. Nowadays though, there is plenty of choices that cater to left-handed users. Along with a layout that has its numpad shifted to the left for easier use. Soft keyboards on modern smartphones are getting better and better. Text to speech has also been getting better and more sophisticated. Despite this, the ever-reliable keyboard deck is here to stay and it won't be going anywhere any time soon.

Summary

Best What are the best keyboards for left-handed people
RankSolutionsTypeVotesPrice
1A4tech Ergonomic KBS-29 Left Handed Keyboard BlackElectronics 7 Paid
2Bloody B845R Light Strike Left-Num RGB Gaming KeyboardElectronics 4 Paid
3DSI Left-Handed KeyboardElectronics 2 Paid
Close

This action requires you to be logged in

Quickly sign in with your social media account:

What interests you most? (Select at least 3)

This will help us to keep things fresh and relevant!

Close

Now that you’ve found a solution...

Why not join our community of sharp minds and pro-active posters?

Be part of a rewarding interactive knowledge exchange!
Close

Join These Inquisitive Minds

Engage, learn and share with a friendly community versed in a massive range of trending topics.